Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Science Challenge

Voice Threads I Viewed and Commented On:
1. Alyssa Hipps
2. Lauren MacDonald
3. Chelsie McCage

I learned that almost any science topic can be taught by using fun programs and tools. There were a variety of science topics and tools used in the voice threads I viewed. Kidspiration could be used to make activities for most science topics. The digital microscope is a great tool for observing things that are too small for the eye to see: soil, cells, small insects, etc. Stellarium is great for learning about stars, planets, Moon phases,etc. There are also a lot of different probes that just plug into the computer that would be very beneficial for experiments or observations of temperature, weight, etc.

Science is not one of my strong subjects and by exploring these different tools I was learning science.If I would have had access to tools like this when I was in elementary school I may have understood science a little better. I see how beneficial these tools can be in the classroom for students. They help the students to be engaged and take control of their own learning. I realized that the science tools are relatively easy to use and implement. If applied effectively in the classroom, students and teachers can learn and internalize the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment